Roundslings - The Tuflex® Difference
What is a Tuflex Roundsling?
A Tuflex roundsling is an endless synthetic sling made from a skein of polyester yarn covered by a double-wall tubular jacket. The roundsling body can be compared to sling webbing with the tubular jacket face yarns woven without binder yarns. This allows the core yarns to move independently within the jacket.
Tuflex Sleeving vs. Sling Webbing
- Transverse pick yarns position surface yarns and protects core yarns.
- Woven surface yarns protect core yarns but carry no load.
- Longitudinal core yarns carry 100% of load.
- Red core warning yarns.
- Transverse pick yarns inter-relate with binder yarns.
- Woven surface yarns cover each side and carry a portion of the load.
- Strip of longitudinal core yarns bears the majority of load.
- Binder yarns secure the surface yarns to web core yarns.
- Red core warning yarns.
Tuflex Side View
Roundsling construction (as shown above) protects all load carrying core yarns from abrasion with an independent, woven jacket. Replacement is not necessary until the red or white core yarns can be seen through holes in the jacket. When core yarns are visible, the sling must be removed from service. Tuflex roundslings provide double-wall protection for extended sling life.
Sling Webbing Side View
Sling webbing (as graphically demonstrated) has its surface yarns connected from side to side to not only protect the core yarns but to position all surface and tensile yarns to work together to support the load. Wear or damage to sling webbing face yarns cause an immediate strength loss. This is the reason why sling webbing has red core yarns to visually reveal damage and act as a basis for sling rejection.
- Engineered with endless loops of yarn
- Load-bearing core yarns protected by a tubular jacket
- No loss of strength from abrasion to cover
- Lightweight reduces fatigue and strain
- Tuff-Tag™ provides serial numbered identification for traceability
- Polyester and high performance Aramid fibers
- Tuflex - Color coded capacities for quick identification
- Roundslings are available in endless, eye and eye, bridle, and braided.
- Direct connect hooks are the quickest and easiest way to add hooks to Tuflex roundslings and web slings at your job site.
The solution for lifting the heaviest loads using the lightest, most flexible, and ergonomic slings available!
- Lift-All slings with high-performance core fibers have the lightest sling weight to lifting capacity ratio of our entire product line.
- Independent core yarns choke tightly but release easily after use.
- Double-wall seamless cover has no sewn edges preventing rupture, which requires removal from service.
- Wear points can be shifted to extend sling life.
Dyneema® High-Performance Core Ultra-Lightweight Roundsling
- Ultra-Lightweight - Approximately 20% lighter than KeyFlex™ and 52% lighter than Tuflex for the same capacity, reducing the probabilities of hand and shoulder strains and sprains.
- Neutral Buoyancy - DynaFlex slings are a great choice for water recovery and lifting applications.
- 100% Dyneema Core (non-blended) - We use the most advanced high tenacity fiber on the market for lifting slings. The homogeneous core fiber reacts uniformly regardless of lift application. Designed with your safety in mind.
- KeyFlex - The strongest and lightest in the world
- Low weight per capacity reduces risk of injury to riggers.
- Great for low headroom situations.
|Sling Type||Vertical Rating (lbs.)||Sling Weight (lbs.)|
The Higher Capacity KeyFlex Roundsling
- High Capacities: Up to 1/2 million pounds in a vertical hitch, or 1 million pounds in a basket hitch.
- High Value: You get the Lift-All quality you expect which exceeds industry standards at a competitive price.
- KeyFlex Ultra is 87% lighter than comparable capacity wire rope slings.
|Part Number||Rated Capacity (lbs.)|
|Vertical||Choker||Basket @ 90°||Basket @ 45°|
- No backup rigging required.
- Engineered window allows for core inspection.
- Superior flexibility makes rigging easy.
- Conforms to the load to grip securely.
- Superior cut resistance.
|Part Numbers||Rated Capacity (lbs.)|
Polyester Stage Slings
- Ideal for stage sound and lighting equipment.
- Black sleeve material helps sling blend into the surroundings.
- Color-coded identification tag.
- Double-wall sleeve material is standard.
|Part Numbers||Color of Tags||Rated Capacity (lbs.)|